Saturday, March 14, 2015
Passion for the... Prom!
Is this the little girl I carried?
Is this the little boy at play?
I don't remember growing older
When did they?
When did she get to be a beauty?
When did he grow to be so tall?
Wasn't it yesterday
When they were small?
- Sheldon Harnick/ Jerry Bock
As the words from the song "Sunrise Sunset" from the ever-favorite musical Fiddler on the Roof attest, kids grow up all too fast. In the blink of an eye, it seems toddlers turn into teens and are heading to the prom and other memorable events.
To look your absolute best on those special evenings, we encourage you to stop in to FL Crooks & Co. We have partnered with Jim's Formal Wear, the country's largest prom network, to offer you an amazing selection of tuxedos. Established in 1964, Jim's Formal Wear is a supplier to nearly 6,000 independent retailers.
Divided into collections, Jim's Formal Wear features suits and accessories for any and every occasion. The sections help you choose the look you want based on price and the event that you will be attending. The Prom section starts with a cost of $69.99 and goes upward. This price includes a jacket, pants, and shirt along with a vest, tie, and shoes.
Free apps are available at jimsformalwear.com
. You can download the Tuxedo Builder there for your iphone and/or ipad. Design the look you want, preview everything, and then come into FL Crooks & Co and order your creative, individual look. The earlier you can stop in, the better to insure the best selection.
Greys are continuing to be strong this season, but every color in the rainbow and beyond are available. In fact, you'll be able to choose from over 100 vest and color combinations. There are also a vast assortment of canes, suspenders, bow ties, and matching socks all available to complete your ensemble in grand style.
For weddings, keep in mind the groom's tuxedo is free with five paid rentals.
It will be a privilege for us here at FL Crooks to work with you on making the most of these precious times! Let it begin here... we've got the look and you've got the style. Together, we are a terrific team and can create a perfect ensemble for you.
Thursday, February 19, 2015
Fashion Trends for Women in Spring 2015
"Nothing is new; it is just forgotten." - Coco Chanel
While winter in all its fury may be raging on the outside, spring in all its radiant glory is blooming on the inside. Don't wait for the spring crocuses to pop or the red robins to come boppin' along. Ladies, come inside the Women's Dept. at FL Crooks for your first taste of spring. What you will see is a mix of the new and what may have been forgotten to create a fascinating Spring 2015 fashion scene.
Some trends to incorporate into your wardrobe for the upcoming season:
|Kayla wearing a striped Tulle coat
- Graphic Prints are having a major moment in Spring 2015. Tunics and dresses and skirts by Eva Varro, Sandra Darren, Clara Sun Woo, RD Style, and IC by Connie K are bold, fearless and make a statement.
- There is a nod to the 70's in Spring 2015. A specific decade takes over the runways every season, and this time around there is a gentle look back to the decade that brought us an abundance of denim. JAG is stealing the scene at FL Crooks & Co with customers excited about these awesome pants in a variety of colors and styles.
- Lace, Suede, and Fringe emerge with a fresh, modern look. The free-spirited, bohemian look when done right, perhaps wearing just one piece, is quite beautiful.
- Out-of-the-ordinary Animal Prints continue to come alive in garments by Sno Skins and Tees by Tina. Your wardrobe takes you on your own individual safari!
- Sporty Minimalism features a pared down approach to all things athletic. FL Crooks continues to offer a fine selection of The North Face, Patagonia, and prAna.
A detail here and there keep the looks fresh and appealing.
- Pops of Color resonate with everyone. Gorgeous shades of reds, blues, and greens make tops by Tyler Boe and judy p irresistible. Athletic shoes by Salomon and Merrell feature ingenious uses of color. Colored footwear across the board remains strong.
- Stripes are bigger than ever this spring. Check out the statement stripe in a fabulous spring coat by Tulle. French Dressing Jeans (FDJ) returns to FL Crooks and Co better than ever with some great garments featuring clever uses of stripes.
- Accessories Abound. Scarfs are quite popular as is chunky jewelry. Pandora has taken a floral approach with an entire white primrose collection.
- Laser-Cut Sweaters and dresses are fun and creative.
We've got the look. You've got the style. Come in and create your own fashion sensation this Spring. The fashion trends of the season come alive with you in them. You and FL Crooks & Co. We make a great team. Together, we can make all things new!
Thursday, January 15, 2015
Valentine Love Forever
O my luve's like a red, red rose
That's newly sprung in June;
O my luve's like the melodie
That's sweetly play'd in tune. -Robert Burns
You don't need to justify your love, you don't need to explain your love; you just need to practice your love. - Miguel Ruiz
The ancient Greeks categorized love into four forms:
- Philio (affectionate and tender platonic love);
- Storge (love for family and friends, often sacrificial);
- Eros (passionate and intense romantic love);
- Agape (unconditional love for our fellow human beings).
|Pandora jewelry makes a statement this Valentines Day.
So, whether you want to celebrate a friend, a family member, a spouse, partner, soul-mate, or mankind in general, the month of February is a wonderful time to remember and revel in love in all its many forms. Giving a gift from FL Crooks & Co is a wonderful way to practice the art of loving to those who hold an important place in your heart and in your life.
Jewelry makes a statement to your loved ones that they are cherished and appreciated. Alex & Ani has some great ideas for February with special charms for their ever-popular bracelets - Cupid's heart, American Heart Association, Love, Key to My Heart, etc. Brighton purses and belts and jewelry are known for their iconic heart motif. Elle's jewelry has a little red ruby on each piece. Kameleon rings and earrings and necklaces feature interchangeable pops to mix and match color. Pandora has a dazzling pink display going on for the month of February and a Forever Mine Bracelet Gift Set promotion.
Accessories make great gifts as well. How about a Hobo wallet in shades of pink or red or the palette of the coming spring? Cinda b bags and totes are machine washable and proudly made in the USA.
Check our the newest addition to the store - a Vermont company known as Commando which feature the logo, Better than Nothing Underwear. The briefs are sure to please and delight. Founder and designer, Kerry O'Brien, is a member of the Council of Fashion Designers of America and a patent-holding inventor. She is ever-obsessive about fit and constantly searching for the most luxurious fabrics. O'Brien states, When you have the right foundations, you feel that much more confident and beautiful."
For the men in your life, FL Crooks & Co has some gift ideas that include: Mighty Wallets, Happy Socks, SmartWool socks, Patagonia briefs, 2(x)ist briefs, The North Face caps, SlideBelts, Brighton belts, etc.
We carry Kid's clothing too: The North Face, Spyder, Sugar Lips Tank Tops, UGGs, and Crocs.
From Valentine's Day and throughout the entire month, let February be the month to celebrate love in all its forms and in all its ways. February - a month for giving - a month for loving - loving that lasts forever.