Thanksgiving - A Unique Season of Gratitude that Expresses the Best in Us!
Thanksgiving - a time to look back and celebrate our country's rich heritage of sacrifice and hard work - a time to say 'thank you' to our family and community and to those who help us and work with us in the present - a time to look ahead to the future with renewed optimism and faith. Thanksgiving time is a grand and good time to be reminded that it is profoundly an awesome thing to give thanks, to live a life of gratitude. Let gratitude lead the way to a richer, fuller, more meaningful life...
- "I live in the space of thankfulness - and for that, I have been rewarded a million times over. I started out giving thanks for small things, and the more thankful I became, the more bounty increased. That's because - for sure - what you focus on expands. When you focus on the goodness in life, you create more of it." -Oprah
- "Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others."
-Marcus Tullius Cicero
- "Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates, a vision for tomorrow." -Melody Beattie
- "Gratitude to gratitude always gives birth." -Sophocles
- "Gratitude is the sign of noble souls." -Aesop
- "Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for." -Zig Zigler
- "The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude." - Friedrich Nietzcshe
- "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." -John F. Kennedy
- "Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings." -William Arthur Ward
- "Everything we do should be a result of our gratitude for what God has done for us." -Lauryn Hill
- "Joy is the simplest form of gratitude." -Karl Barth
- "It is through gratitude for the present moment that the spiritual dimension of life opens up." -Eckhart Tolle
- "Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend." -Melody
- "Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer."
May our spirits be revived by the blessings of the season, and may gratitude fill our souls and make us thankful, always and forever.
The staff of FL Crooks & Co would like to take this opportunity to wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving!
Also in FLCrooks.com | Blog
What's your fashion resolution for 2020? It's a new year and a new decade. Perhaps it's time to do things a little differently, let your inner self shine a little more brightly. We hear so much about sustainability, inclusivity, and social responsibility in our current era. How do we continue to create fun and freedom through fashion?
At a recent clothing show held at the Jacob Javits Center in NYC, attendees and exhibitors were asked to write their answer to the fashion question on a post-it note and attach it to a board in the lobby of the convention hall. Here is a sampling of the answers posted there to the question 'What's your fashion resolution for 2020?
View full article →
Asked to name the favorite hobby of Americans, you might say gardening, sports, music or … shopping! Shopping is an art and a science with some even calling it retail therapy. And in spite of the monumental changes in the way shopping has evolved over recent years with the internet and Amazon, shopping in physical stores is here to stay.
MR Magazine and the Chicago Collective, a Men's Clothing Show for retailers, are joining together to honor more than three dozen men's specialty stores in America which have been in business for 100 years and more. While maintaining their core values, these clothing stores have delivered great product, stellar customer service, and a passion for what they do with style and panache. Having been in business since 1905, FL Crooks & Co. of Clarion finds itself among this distinguished list of honorees.
View full article →
"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful." -Norman Vincent Peale
Every season has its charm, but Christmas can stand head and shoulders above the rest as the most wonderful time of the year. I asked the staff at FL Crooks & Co. to take me on their path to Christmas joy with this question: What makes/made it a merry Christmas for you? Do you have a favorite Christmas memory, tradition, gift that stands out in your memory?
It's a Merry Christmas...
View full article →